Laha Travel Award
- Established by Institute of Mathematical Statistics with funds bequested
by the late Professor Radha Govind Laha.
- To provide funds for travel to present a paper at the IMS Annual Meeting.
- First priority to students, second priority to New Researchers within 2
years of Ph.D. degree at the date of the meeting. Applicants must be members
- Grants per award provided to Laha awardees have been typically around US$500.
The actual amount of an award depends on the travel distance to the IMS statistical
meeting. Grants will be reimbursed against receipts and may be combined with
other sources of funding.
- All applications must be received by 1 February 2012.
- Visit www.imstat.org/awards/laha.html
for more details and application instructions.
The ISI and the World Bank Group are pleased to announce their efforts to provide
developing country participants with an opportunity to obtain funding to attend
the next World Congress in Probability and Statistics in Istanbul, Turkey, from
9th-14th of July 2012.
Applicants of the World Bank Fund are required to be permanent residents of recognized
in order to apply for funding to participate in the 8th World Congress in Probability
and Statistics, in Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, 2012.
Those who wish to apply to the World Bank Fund for this Congress, please use the
application form under this
The application must include (in addition to the requirements under the above
- An official proof from the local organizers of the acceptance to present
a talk (contributed or special topic paper) or a poster at the conference.
- A copy of the approved abstract.
- A copy of the curriculum vitae of the applicant.
Deadline for applications is March 20, 2012.
Confirmation of support will be informed by April 13, 2012.
NSF Support for Travel of US-Based
The US National Science Foundation (NSF) awarded funding to support about 20 US-based
participants (young, minority and women) to travel to WCPS 2012.
Please see the announcements in the following links for further detail (posted in
both doc and
Note: Participants must be in US and affiliated with a US institution, but
they do not have to be US citizens.
IMS Child Care Initiative
The IMS Child Care Initiative encourages and supports the participation at IMS Annual
Meetings (including the Congress) of IMS members having child care responsibilities.
for application information)